Hotmail the webmail company was founded by an Indian-American entrepreneur Sabeer Bhatia. on 4th July 1996 Saber along with his colleague jack smith has set up Hotmail. It was the world's second largest e-mail provider with almost 369 million registered users. Hotmail is a free e-mail service provided by Microsoft. Any user who creates (sign up) a New Hotmail account will get a storage space of up to 5GB and Windows Live Skydrive will get 25GB of space. Business and companies can also get Hotmail account for their own domain name. If you are planning to delete or remove you Hotmail Account. then follow some simple steps which are provided below.
How to Delete Hotmail Account - Check Here
Hotmail is said to be the world's second largest e-mail provider with over 380 million registered users, a figure exceeded only by Google's Gmail service. Bhatia used to work at Microsoft for a little over a year after the Hotmail Purchased. He also started a free messaging service called JaxtrSMS. It would do to SMS what Hotmail did for e-mail. In December 1997, Hotmail was sold to Microsoft for a reported amount of $400 million, and it joined the MSN group of services. Hotmail quickly gained popularity as it was localized for different markets around the globe. But, Microsoft has finally launched the final version of Hotmail which was later replaced by "Outlook.com".
If you are planning to Delete or Close your Hotmail account permanently, then you Won't be able to use to access Hotmail, other Microsoft account, products, and services. The users will also lose all the Subscriptions, photos, and Files on OneDrive, Emails in Hotmail and Purchased items on Xbox. after delete Hotmail account, the user will also lose Skype and Xbox. If there is any money or credit in your Hotmail account you will lose it. So use or transfer all the money before deactivating Hotmail account. If you still want to Delete Hotmail account permanently then follow the simple steps below.
Close or Delete Hotmail account :
- First Visit the official Sign in Page of Hotmail
- Then type your Username and Password to sign in your Hotmail email account
- Click on your account name On the Right corner, then click "Account Settings"
- Then you will see a Close account Options - Click It
- Hotmail will ask you to verify a security code. Which you will receive in your alternative email ID or mobile number. Enter the code when you receive.
- Click "Next" If you want to deactivate Hotmail account
- Re-check all the details provided and Select all the options and a reason why you want to delete your Hotmail account.
- after successfully Checking the details, then click "Mark account for closure"
- After that Click Deactivate Account
- Final step You will get a message displaying the final date of your Hotmail deactivation.
- Click "Done" and your account will be deleted or deactivated after 60 days.
Hotmail reserves your email ID even after you have closed or deleted your account for a period of 60 days. Within this period if you would like to reactivate it, you could easily Sign In again.
Note: Save all those documents, photos and Important emails to your computer, cloud storage or any flash drive. Before you close your account, make sure to check your every single email where old pictures, files, or documents are stored.Some of these documents might be valuable to you.
- The Hotmail users can also upgrade to Outlook.com with their same username and passwords.
- Users can open, edit and share Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files within the account.
- You can also chat with Facebook users and other Hotmail users from Hotmail messenger.
- The inbox capacity will automatically increase as you need more space.
- Users can block emails from particular domains or addresses.
Some other ways to delete Hotmail account: First you have to Visit the official page and sign in your Hotmail account. Then Go to Security and privacy and Click on "More security setting" under "Account security heading". the Company then will ask to enter your password and verify it. Follow the instructions and in "Security settings" scroll down the page to the bottom and click 'Close my account' option. The Next Step You have to verify your account, Read carefully all the points and click "Next" button. Then Select all the checkbox and select the reason why you want to delete Hotmail email account. then final step Click "Mark account for closure".
We hope you Like this article, If you are facing any problem about Deleting Hotmail Account then just comment it below!! Feel free to share this Article along with your friends and Family.